Are you advancing shared value through an innovative program or initiative, or a unique partnership?
Apply now to become a Storyteller at the 2017 Shared Value Forum on Wednesday, 26 April 2017.
This is your opportunity to be recognised as a shared value innovator, share your insight and unique story with forum attendees and the growing Asia-Pacific shared value community.
We are challenging applicants this year to be creative and consider a short digital story that captures the essence of your shared value initiative. It should be brief (2-4 mins) and clearly demonstrate the business and social impacts of the program, whilst at the same time engaging the forum audience with creative content.
Expressions of interest close COB Monday 20 February 2017.
Successful applicants will be advised early March 2017.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR STORY A STANDOUT
- Deliver a unique story of shared value in a concise inventive format.
- Build on the theme of ‘Business Reimagined: Innovating through shared value’.
- Provide new perspectives on shared value from the field.
- Highlight developments in digital technology and supply chain innovation.
- Highlight a new initiative that has introduced innovative products or services, reconfigured value chains, or enhanced the local operating environment in ways that simultaneously meet social needs and advance business objectives.
- Highlight clear social and business value, either realised or projected.
- Illustrate how shared value can be applied and scaled to address a specific social issue.
- Demonstrate how this shared value initiative is transforming a specific function within a company.
INFORMATION FOR YOUR STORYTELLER APPLICATION
- Applicants must officially represent a company or organisation working on a shared value initiative or program.
- One speaker or digital submission per application (no panels or groups).
- Submissions should highlight clear social and business value, either realised or projected.
- Be creative and don’t be afraid of using an innovative format.
- In the case of digital content, a storyboard or concept would be acceptable as an initial submission.
- Short listed applicants may be asked to develop their presentation concept with the #SVF17 team in the months leading up to the event.
- Storyteller speaker presentations may be filmed on the day.
- If selected as a Storyteller you will receive one complimentary pass to attend the 2017 Forum (valued at $795+GST).
- Applications may be adapted as a resource for the Shared Value Project and Shared Value Forum website.
There are two storyteller options available:
- A video presentation (2-4 minutes in length and our preferred format)
Whilst the digital content can be produced on a smartphone or tablet, the final product needs to be of high quality.
Specs for screening video presentation
- Video, PAL format. Content should be provided on USB stick, non-returnable.
- Content delivery, high definition (1920 x 1080 OR 1280 x 720) MP4 / M4V / H.264 in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Audio must be levelled across all video supplied – media will not be independently levelled.
- Speaker presentation to be given on the day
Presentations must be no more than 8 minutes in length and showcasing well-formed ideas in a succinct and engaging manner.
- Start by making your audience care, using a relatable example or an intriguing idea.
- Explain your idea clearly and with conviction.
- Describe your evidence and how and why your idea could be/was implemented.
- End by addressing how your idea or case study could affect your audience.
The Storytellers sessions will provide attendees with a succinct and compelling overview of shared value in action. Your film or presentation should capture the key details of your shared value initiative and its business and social impacts.
For more information please contact Rosie Walden email@example.com